Backing for Every Application
XGrass synthetic turf utilizes a two-part backing system including a triple layer composite backing for improved dimensional stability along with a number of secondary backing options to match the specific needs of your application.
Our team can help specify the ideal solution for your particular application.
Environmentally Engineered Backing
The DuraFlo all-polyolefin backing system is 100% recyclable and up to 50% more permeable than perforated urethane backed products.
- Allows turf system to drain quickly, absorbs no moisture
- Locks grass tufts into place - drains without hole punches required on urethane backing
- 100% recyclable
- Allows turf to conform to slopes and contours
- More than twice as permeable as traditional urethane
The most common backing used in the industry for decades due to its durability, performance and cost. An excellent backing material when drainage concerns are minimal.
- Often hole-punched for drainage
- Not recyclable
- Drains at an average of 60 gallons per minute per square yard
Developed primarily for use in XGrass Pet Turf systems, our TruFlo backing system is ideal for applications requiring increased drainage.
- 100% permeable with zero absorption
- Allows liquids to flow through at rates over 400 inches per hour
Used extensively for indoor fields, baseball batting cages and putting courses installed over concrete, our urethane cushion backing provides maximum cushion while aiding and softening ball rebounds.
- 5mm foam
- Ideal for non infill applications